By Sulaiman Razvi
Hindus claim that they are very tolerant, but there are several temples where entry of non-Hindus is prohibited. Hindus likes to insult others but they never look at the mirror, they never accept their faults. Not just non-Hindus but even Dalits are barred from entering the temple and this has scriptural sanctions. And this is happening in a secular country, and Hindutvadis wants to establish Ram Rajya through Hindu Rashtra. Women too are victim of this Hindutva intolerance, Women were denied entry and beaten up at Nashik’s Trimbakeshwar temple by priests, a woman activist was assaulted when she entered Mahalaxmi Temple in Kolhapur, She said that some people tried to kill her, There was a huge drama after court allowed entry of women into Sabarimala temple, thousands of Hindus came on the streets to protest against the verdict, many threatened mass suicide if women enters the temple. Here is a short list of temples which bars entry of non-Hindus in temples,
Guruvayur Temple, Kerala
Jagannath Temple, Puri
Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Varanasi
Lingaraj Temple, Bhubaneswar
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kerala
Kapaleeswarar Temple, Tamil Nadu
Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
Kamakshi Amman Temple, Tamil Nadu
Dilwara Temples, Mount Abu
Shankaracharya, Puri king oppose entry of non-Hindus in Jagannath temple
Shankaracharya Nischalananda Saraswati and Gajapati King Dibyasingha Dev, who is considered the first servitor of Jagannath, have expressed opposition to allowing entry of non-Hindus into the Puri temple
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad too has strongly opposed the entry of people of non-Hindus into the 12th century shrine…
Entry to all into Sri Mandir violating the age-old tradition of Sanatan religion is not acceptable to us, Shankaracharya Swami Nischalanda Saraswati of Govardhan Peeth, one of the four cardinal mutts, said in a release.
Row over Christian Jagan’s visit to Hindu shrine at Tirumala
Many other major Hindu temples have this practice in some form where non-believers need to given some undertaking.. At the Meenakshi temple in Madurai and at the Pasupatinath temple in Kathmandu, boards are placed ahead of the sanctum sanctorum, debarring non-believers beyond that point.
Former Chief Minister Dr Y S Rajasekhara Reddy’s son and rebel Congress leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy’s visit to Hindu shrine Tirumala on Wednesday as part of his by-poll campaign has evoked controversy in Andhra Pradesh. As Jagan Mohan Reddy is a practising Christian and reportedly he denied Temple authorities plea to sign affidavit confirming his faith on Lord Venkateswara, the presiding deity in Tirumala, it has led to lot of criticism from almost all political parties.
Dalits not allowed to enter Temples
Not just non-Hindus but even Dalits are barred from entering several temples in Secular India. Shankaracharya Swami Nischalanda Saraswati said that Dalits must not be allowed into temples, also said that Shastras do not allow entry of Dalits into temple.
- Dalits are still denied access to temples and wells: Union Minister Gehlot
- Upper caste villagers attacks BJP MP for visiting Uttarkhand temple with Dalits
- Temple washed after Dalit political leader visited it.
- 90 years old Dalit man set ablaze for entering the temple.
- Temples locked to stop Dalits from entering the temple
- Dalits threaten conversion to Islam for not being allowed to enter temples.
- Dalits denied entry to Kalitheerthalkuppam temple
- Odisha: Mob beats up mentally challenged woman for entering temple
- 3 years old girl stopped from entering temple, gets called with casteist slur
- UP temple ‘cleansed’ after Dalits perform puja
- Caste Hindus demand action against officials for allowing dalits to enter TN temple
- Dalit family beaten up for worshipping in temple http://m.bhaskar.com/news/UP-JHA-dalit-family-beaten-due-to-worship-in-temple-news-hindi-5439901-PHO.html
- Dalit man from Bajhang Nepal tortured for ‘defiling temple’
- Valmikis not allowed to pray in temple in Bacheli village of UP
- Case against temple priests in Mohlol village, Vadodara, Gujarat for stopping Dalit girls from entering the temple.
- Dalits worships at temple in the presence of police
- The Pakpatlla Village Development Committee imposed a penalty of Rs 500 on Muthyam, a Dalit, for offering prayers the Grama Devatha Pochamma Thalli Temple.
- Tension after Dalits banned from a temple in Kanpur
- 29/9/17 Brahmin priests threatens to kill a priest from lower caste if he takes the job of priest in the temple
- 12/12/17 Dalit women stopped from woshipping in Temple in Amroha, UP
- 14/1/18 In Latur, a temple bars Dalit sarpanch, and villagers oppose ‘Jai Bhim’ greeting
- 17/1/18 Two priests booked for denying temple entry to Dalit girl
- 25/3/18 Dalits determined to construct Ram temple in Prakasam after they are denied entry into a privately managed temple at Vardhinenipalem
- 1/5/18 Dalit woman denied temple entry, incident goes viral on social media
- 30/7/18 UP temple purified with Gangajal after visit of Dalit woman BJP MLA
- 6/9/18 Five boys beat 12-yr-old Dalit to death in Aligarh for touching temple balloons
- 12/9/18 Dalit leader’s head skin peeled off for wearing turban by 3 from Gurjar community in Madhya Pradesh; cops register case
- 12/9/18 Dalit Man Beaten up For Touching Deity Belonging to Upper Castes, Fined a Goat to ‘Purify’ God